Moon Chesapeake Bay (Paperback)
Moon Travel, 9781631214592, 194pp.
Publication Date: June 6, 2017
Moon Travel Guides: Make Your Escape Moon Chesapeake Bay reveals the beauty of the Chesapeake Bay's historic cities, charming villages, and untouched natural treasures. What you'll find in Moon Chesapeake Bay
- Strategic itineraries for every budget and timeline, ranging from a long weekend in Baltimore to seven days on the Eastern Shore
- Curated advice for beach-goers, family vacationers, history buffs, and more, including tips for a Chesapeake Bay road trip
- Detailed maps and handy reference photos throughout
- Must-see attractions and off-beat ideas for making the most of your trip: Explore Baltimore's myriad museums, or browse the trendy boutiques in historic Annapolis. Hike verdant trails, go rock climbing, or try your hand at sailing. Relax on a quiet stretch of secluded shoreline, or stroll along the busy Virginia Beach boardwalk. Spot wild ponies roaming freely on Assateague Island, crack softshell claws at an authentic crab shack, and unwind with a drink as the boats sway gently in the harbor
- Honest advice from Maryland expert Michaela Riva Gaaserud on when to go, what to pack, and where to stay, from historic inns to motels or beach campgrounds
- Recommendations for families, LGBTQ+ travelers, seniors, international visitors, traveling with pets, and travelers with disabilities
- Thorough background on the culture, weather, wildlife, and history
About the Author
Michaela Riva Gaaserud is a native Virginian and longtime resident of the Washington DC area. Some of her earliest memories are of playing travel guide to visiting relatives as they went to the museums and monuments in Washington DC. Inspired by the enthusiasm she witnessed from first-timers to the city, Michaela began looking for hidden secrets to share with her audience. A particularly inspiring school field trip to the underground depths of the Lincoln Memorial sealed her love for discovering and sharing the marvels of her own backyard. Michaela has published travel guides on various aspects of the Washington DC region, and her articles have appeared in newspapers, magazines, and international publications such as Canoe & Kayak Magazine and Paddler Magazine. Other publications include Lake Placid: With the Olympic Village, Lake George and New York's Adirondacks; From Fairbanks to Boston: 50 Great U.S. Marathons; From Kona to Lake Placid: 50 Great U.S. Triathlons; Sea Kayaking the Baltimore/Washington, D.C. Area, and AMC's Best Sea Kayaking in the Mid-Atlantic. She is also a founding partner at Eddyline Media and Frameless Technologies.