Moon Norway (Paperback)
Moon Travel, 9781631214813, 400pp.
Publication Date: September 5, 2017
Moon Travel Guides: Your World Your Way Experience magnificent fjords, historical cities, and magical northern lights with Moon Norway. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible, strategic itineraries for every timeline and budget, from a week of the highlights to a three-week adventure through the whole country
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Curated advice for outdoor adventurers, history buffs, culture mavens, road-trippers, and more
- Must-see attractions and off-beat ideas for making the most of your trip: Find the best photo ops to capture Geirangerfjord's slender waterfalls, or hike to soaring cliffs overlooking glistening glacial lakes. Hop in the car and drive over islets and skerries on the Atlantic Road, or take a scenic train ride overlooking mountains, valleys, and fjords. Explore historic mountain towns, or wander small fishing villages along Norway's dramatic coastline. Admire world-class architecture and art in Oslo's cosmopolitan hub, or see the impressive restored vessels at the Viking Ship Museum. Sample fresh seafood and farm-to-table delicacies, mingle with the locals at neighborhood pubs, and find the best places to see the mystical aurora borealis dance across the sky
- Expert advice on when to go, what to pack, and where to stay, from Norwegian transplant-turned-local David Nikel
- Handy tools including a glossary and a Norwegian phrasebook
- Detailed background information on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and culture
- Travel tips for international visitors, getting around with children or as a senior, and suggestions for LGBTQ+ travel
About the Author
Originally from Northampton, England, David Nikel has lived in Norway since 2011. He first moved to Oslo in pursuit of riches in the information and communication technology industry. Inspired by the magnificent fjords, dramatic mountains, and dancing northern lights, he started writing. He hasn't looked back since. David now travels the country helping Norwegian professionals master the English language. As a result, he sees more of the country than most natives do. On these travels, he met his Mexican partner and they have made a third-culture home together in Trondheim, the former Viking capital of Norway, where they speak a confusing mixture of English, Spanish, and Norwegian. To keep track of his adventures, David publishes to blogs about expat life and travel in Norway and has written regular columns for the Telegraph and the Norwegian American newspapers. He has also contributed destination features for the magazines of British Airways, Norwegian Air, airBaltic, and Finnair. As much as he enjoys life in Norway, David hasn't yet fully assimilated. His attempts at cross-country skiing resemble a spider on roller-skates--much to the enjoyment of his new Norwegian friends.