Moon Atlantic Canada (Paperback)
Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland & Labrador
Moon Travel, 9781631214851, 550pp.
Publication Date: June 6, 2017
List Price: 23.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Find Your Adventure with Moon Travel Guides From flower-filled alpine meadows to cosmopolitan cityscape, you can craft your perfect adventure with Moon Atlantic Canada.
- Strategic itineraries in an easy-to-navigate format so you can make the most of your time in each of the four provinces, including itineraries for scenic drives, ocean adventures, and a two-week Best of Atlantic Canada
- Curated advice from local Andrew Hempstead, who shares the secrets of his rugged coastline with you
- Full-color with vibrant, helpful photos
- Detailed maps and directions with driving times and mileage
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Kayak to an uninhabited island for a picnic lunch, or sample local oysters at waterfront restaurants. Follow the Cabot trail or the Irish Loop to enjoy stunning scenery out your car window. Hike the great outdoors or bike through beautiful UNESCO protected towns. Stay at quaint colonial inns, or camp out under the stars. See if you can spot one of the world's rarest whales, or indulge your literary side by visiting sights from Anne of Green Gables.
- In-depth coverage of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland, and Labrador
- Background information on the landscape, culture, history, and environment
- Essential insight for travelers on recreation, transportation, and accommodations, as well as information on hike accessibility packaged in a book light enough to toss in your bag
About the Author
For this edition of Moon Atlantic Canada, Andrew Hempstead traveled extensively through all four provinces. He feasted on traditional rappie pie along the Acadian Coast, viewed the wonders of Prince Edward Island through the eyes of his children, and drove the entire length of the Trans-Labrador Highway. These diverse experiences, along with input from untold numbers of locals and a love of the outdoors, created this guidebook. As a professional travel writer, Andrew spends as much time as possible out on the road. During his travels, he experiences the many and varied delights of Atlantic Canada the same way his readers do. Since the early 1990s, Andrew has authored and updated more than 60 guidebooks, and supplied content for regional and national clients like Expedia and KLM. His photography has appeared in a wide variety of media, ranging from international golf magazines to a Ripley's Believe it or Not! Museum. Andrew and his wife Dianne also own Summerthought Publishing, a Canadian regional publisher of nonfiction books. He is a member of The Diners Club(R) World's 50 Best Restaurants Academy. Andrew has also spoken on travel writing to a national audience and has contributed to a university-level travel writing textbook.