Moon Utah (Paperback)
Moon Travel, 9781631215025, 475pp.
Publication Date: June 6, 2017
Discover Utah with Moon Travel Guides From remote deserts and arid mountain ranges, to colorful canyons and world-famous national parks, Moon Utah reveals the best of this adventurous state. What you'll find in Moon Utah
- Strategic itineraries from a weekend getaway to Salt Lake City, to ten days covering the entire state, curated for history buffs, families, outdoor adventurers, budget travelers, and more
- Detailed maps and helpful reference photos throughout
- How to plan a national parks road trip covering Zion, Bryce Canyon, Arches, Capitol Reef, and Canyonlands
- Must-see attractions and offbeat ideas: Hike or mountain bike across canyons, rugged mountain ranges, and glistening salt flats, or hit the slopes at a Park City ski resort. Admire ancient Native American rock art or cliff dwellings, and walk beside fossilized dinosaur footprints. Explore historic Mormon sites in Salt Lake City, or wander through old mining towns. Go rafting down the Colorado River, canyoneering through the Narrows, or climb to the famed Delicate Arch just in time to watch the sun setting over the captivating hoodoos
- Honest recommendations from Utah experts and lifelong explorers W.C. McRae and Judy Jewell on when to go, where to eat, and where to stay, from ski resorts to budget motels
- Accurate, up-to-date information including the best ways to get around, plus background on the landscape, wildlife, history, and local laws
- Advice for LGBTQ+ travelers, international visitors, seniors, and travelers with disabilities
About the Author
W. C. (Bill) McRae is the coauthor of several travel guides, including Moon Utah and Moon Montana (both with Judy Jewell). He has also edited books for National Geographic and Mobil Guides and has written for websites like GORP.com and Expedia.com. In his spare time he earns money by writing polemics for a high-tech PR company. He makes his home in Portland, OR. Judy Jewell graduated from Reed College and worked at Portland's renowned Powell's Books. Judy worked there, as a book buyer and manager, for 14 years then decided to write travel books. Judy is the author of several guidebooks, including Moon Utah and Moon Montana (also with Bill McRae). When she is not writing about the outdoors and travel, she is the lead technical writer at Camp Dusty Technical Services. She lives with her husband and dog in Portland, OR.