Moon Utah (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Moon Travel, 9781631215025, 475pp.
Publication Date: June 6, 2017
List Price: 21.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
From remote deserts and arid mountain ranges to colorful canyons and world-famous national parks, Moon Utah reveals the best of this adventurous state.
What you'll find in Moon Utah:
- Strategic itineraries from a weekend getaway to Salt Lake City, to ten days covering the entire state, curated for history buffs, families, outdoor adventurers, ski bums, budget travelers, and more
- How to plan a national parks road trip covering Zion, Bryce Canyon, Arches, Capitol Reef, and Canyonlands
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Hike or mountain bike across canyons, rugged mountain ranges, and glistening salt flats, or hit the slopes at a Park City ski resort. Admire ancient Native American rock art and cliff dwellings, and walk beside fossilized dinosaur footprints. Explore historic Mormon sites in Salt Lake City, or wander through old mining towns. Go rafting down the Colorado River, canyoneering through the Narrows, or climb to the famed Delicate Arch just in time to watch the sun setting over the captivating hoodoos
- Honest recommendations from Utah experts and lifelong explorers W.C. McRae and Judy Jewell on when to go, where to eat, and where to stay, from ski resorts to budget motels to campgrounds
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Accurate, up-to-date information on the landscape, wildlife, and history, and advice for LGBTQ+ travelers, international visitors, seniors, and travelers with disabilities
With Moon Utah's myriad activities, practical advice, and local insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Focusing on the parks? Try Moon Zion & Bryce or Moon Arches & Canyonlands. Hitting the road? Try Moon Southwest Road Trip.
About the Author
W. C. (Bill) McRae is the coauthor of several travel guides, including Moon Utah and Moon Oregon (both with Judy Jewell). He has also edited books for National Geographic and Mobil Guides and has written for websites like GORP.com and Expedia.com. In his spare time he earns money by writing polemics for a high-tech PR company. He makes his home in Portland, OR.
Judy Jewell graduated from Reed College and worked at Portland's renowned Powell's Books. Judy worked there, as a book buyer and manager, for 14 years then decided to write travel books. Judy is the author of several guidebooks, including Moon Utah and Moon Oregon (also with Bill McRae). When she is not writing about the outdoors and travel, she is the lead technical writer at Camp Dusty Technical Services. She lives with her husband and dog in Portland, OR.