Moon Vancouver (Paperback)
Including Victoria, Vancouver Island & Whistler (Moon Vancouver & Victoria (Including Whistler))
Moon Travel, 9781631215766, 350pp.
Publication Date: September 26, 2017
Experience the Life of the City with Moon Travel Guides Set on the edge of the Pacific, with mountains silhouetting skyscrapers, Vancouver teems with culture and life. Explore this delightful city with Moon Vancouver.
- Explore the City: Navigate by neighborhood or by activity with color-coded maps, or follow one of our self-guided neighborhood walks
- See the Sights: Cycle along the coast at Stanley Park, kayak local waterways, learn about indigenous history at the Vancouver Museum of Anthropology, and take the perfect photo next to the magnificent Lion's Gate Bridge
- Get a Taste of the City: Sip a perfect pour-over coffee, browse the stalls at the Granville Island Public Market, or dig into some of the best Chinese food in North America
- Bars and Nightlife: Sample local craft beer, enjoy cocktails on lush patios or cozy speakeasies, and plug into Vancouver's artsy side with an eclectic lineup of local musicians performing everything from indie rock to world music
- Trusted Advice: Expat, foodie, and Vancouver expert Carolyn B. Heller shares the best of her adopted city
- Strategic Itineraries: See the best of Vancouver with itineraries designed for families, gourmands, history buffs, nature-lovers, and artists, with day trips to Victoria, Vancouver Island, and Whistler
- Full-Color Photos and Detailed Maps so you can explore on your own, plus an easy-to-read foldout map to use on the go
- Handy Tools: Background information on the landscape, history, and culture, packaged in a book slim enough to fit in your coat pocket
About the Author
Carolyn B. Heller traveled more than 5,000 miles (8,200kilometers) across the highways and back roads of western Canada while researching this book. She's been road-tripping since she was a child, and she has continued that road trip tradition with her own daughters, notably in 2003, when she and her then-10-year-old twins traveled across the United States on an epic six-week road trip. Carolyn is an avid traveler and passionate food lover who has eaten on the streets, in fine restaurants, and everywhere in between in more than 40 countries. She is also the author of Moon Ontario and Moon Living Abroad in Canada and has contributed to more than 50 other travel and restaurant guides. She's a Vancouver-based correspondent for the Forbes Travel Guide and Viator Travel. Her articles have appeared in the Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, Perceptive Travel, FamilyFun, Real Weddings, and many other publications. A graduate of Brown University, Carolyn lives with her husband in Vancouver, where you can often find her running on the beach or sampling a new Chinese restaurant. Follow Carolyn's adventures at www.cbheller.com and on Twitter @CarolynBHeller