Moon Hawaii (Moon Handbooks) (Paperback)
Moon Travel, 9781631215865, 650pp.
Publication Date: September 12, 2017
List Price: 24.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Make Your Escape with Moon Travel Guides Unwind on the pristine beaches of Maui, hike the famed coastline of Kaua'i, or experience the melting pot culture of the Big Island. Learn the art of island-hopping with Moon Hawaii.
- Strategic itineraries for any timeline or budget, ranging from a two-week tour of the whole state, to day-trips and rainy-day options, curated for eco-tourists, beach bums, honeymooners, history buffs, and adrenaline junkies
- Detailed maps and full-color photos throughout
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Paddle an outrigger canoe, learn to surf the legendary waves, or relax on endless stretches of sandy beaches. Visit a piece of American history at Pearl Harbor and explore the burgeoning art and culinary scene of O'ahu's Chinatown. Hike through lava fields, waterfalls, and lush forests, and get your fill of fresh produce at a local farmers market. Sample traditional Polynesian cuisine, or find the best spot for dining, dancing, and sunset romance.
- The best spots for sports and recreation, including hiking, kayaking, whale watching, surfing, snorkeling, and scuba diving
- Expert insight from island local Kevin Whitton
- Honest advice on when to go, how to get around, and where to stay, including how to decide which islands are right for your trip
- Thorough information on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and local culture
- Full coverage of Waikiki, Honolulu, O'ahu's North Shore, Hanauma Bay, Kailua, Ko Olina, Lana'i, Moloka'i Lahaina, Kihei, Haleakala and Maui's Upcountry, the Road to Hana, Kona, Kohala, Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park, Hilo, Hamakua Coast, Kamuela/Waimea and the Saddle Road, Lihu'e, Princeville, Po'ipu, and Waimea
About the Author
Avid surfer and nature-lover Kevin Whitton has traveled extensively throughout Mexico, Indonesia, and Australia. He's volunteered as a trail guide in a private Costa Rican rain forest preserve and as a snowmobile guide in Colorado's Rocky Mountains. When confronted with the choice between living in the mountains and visiting the beach, or living at the beach and visiting the mountains, Kevin refused to choose, deciding to call O'ahu home instead. Now when he waits for a wave at one of his favorite windward or North Shore surf breaks, he can gaze at the verdant mountains and revel in the best of both worlds. Kevin is the author of the award-winning Green Hawai'i: A Guide to a Sustainable and Energy Efficient Home and A Pocket Guide to Hawai'i's Botanical Gardens. He writes for Hawai'i's most notable publications, is active in the island's surf media, and is the co-founder and editor of GREEN: Hawai'i's Sustainable Living Magazine.