Moon London Walks (Paperback)
Moon Travel, 9781631215988, 152pp.
Publication Date: October 3, 2017
Experience London like a local: on foot Whether you're shopping on the high street, strolling lively street markets, or admiring renowned modern art, discover London's highlights and local favorites with Moon London Walks. This full-color guide features:
- Six customizable walks through the city's hippest neighborhoods, including Shoreditch, Chelsea, Marylebone, and more, with color-coded stops and turn-by-turn directions
- Foldout maps of each route and a removable full-city map, in a handy, portable guide
- Curated "Top Ten" lists for restaurants, nightlife, markets, and Sunday activities
- The top attractions and the best-kept local secrets: Head to Portobello Road Market to browse vintage treasures, or treat yourself at upscale department stores like Harrods. Make your way to the Tate Modern and other world-famous art galleries, take in London's history at Westminster Abbey, and watch the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace. Take a leisurely stroll through Regent's Park, enjoy afternoon tea at a stylish hotel, or grab a pint and some fish and chips before heading to the theatre. Sip craft cocktails in an old train station, discover the hippest new gastropub, or watch the sun set over the city from a chic rooftop bar
- Public transportation options, including the underground, public buses, and taxis
- Practical tips for first-time visitors, including average costs, where you'll need to make a reservation, public holidays, and getting to and from the airport
About the Author
Moon City Walks is an innovative series of pocket-sized guides to the world's trendiest cities, designed to help travelers explore on foot, discover hip neighborhoods, and experience the city like a local. These full-color guidebooks feature foldout maps, turn-by-turn directions, and lively pages jam-packed with photos. Moon Travel Guides are published by Avalon Travel, an imprint of Perseus Books, a Hachette Book Group company, in Berkeley, California. For more information, check out the full series at www.moon.com/city-walks/.