Moon New York Walks (Paperback)
Moon Travel, 9781631216008, 152pp.
Publication Date: October 3, 2017
Experience the Big Apple like a local: on foot Moon New York Walks guides you to the trendiest restaurants, buzzworthy boutiques, and iconic landmarks of New York City's can't-miss neighborhoods. This full-color guide to "the city that never sleeps" features:
- Six customizable walks through the city's hippest neighborhoods, including Soho, the West Village, the Lower East Side, Williamsburg, and more, with color-coded stops and turn-by-turn directions
- Foldout maps of each route and a removable full-city map, in a handy, portable guide
- Curated "Top Ten" lists for dining, arts and culture, nightlife, and (of course) coffee, for visitors looking to hit the highlights
- The top attractions and the best-kept local secrets: Stroll down Fifth Avenue past icons like the Flatiron, the Empire State Building, and Rockefeller Centre, or walk along the Hudson River and learn the history of jazz and the Harlem Renaissance. Take in jaw-dropping views along the High Line, shop for trendy trinkets in the Meatpacking District, and explore world-famous galleries and museums. Cross the Williamsburg Bridge, peruse a flea market, and discover hip coffee shops tucked among the Brooklyn warehouses. Sample authentic dumplings in Chinatown, old-school deli standbys, or healthy vegan treats. Sip craft cocktails in an underground speakeasy, or admire the city skyline from a rooftop bar
- Public transportation options, including the subway, bus, taxi, or bike rental
- Tips for first-time visitors, including seasonal festivals, where you'll need to make a reservation, and getting to and from the airport
About the Author
Moon City Walks is an innovative series of pocket-sized guides to the world's trendiest cities, designed to help travelers explore on foot, discover hip neighborhoods, and experience the city like a local. These full-color guidebooks feature foldout maps, turn-by-turn directions, and lively pages jam-packed with photos. Moon Travel Guides are published by Avalon Travel, an imprint of Perseus Books, a Hachette Book Group company, in Berkeley, California. For more information, check out the full series at www.moon.com/city-walks/.