Moon Rome Walks (Moon Handbooks) (Paperback)
Moon Travel, 9781631216046, 152pp.
Publication Date: October 3, 2017
List Price: 13.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Experience Rome like a local: on foot Enjoy a stroll (or passeggiata) through the bustling streets and cobblestone alleyways of the Eternal City, an ancient capital brimming with vibrant life. This full-color guide features:
- Six customizable walks through the city's hippest neighborhoods, including Prati, Trastevere, Monti, and more, with color-coded stops and turn-by-turn directions
- Foldout maps of each route and a removable full-city map, in a handy, portable guide
- Curated "Top Ten" lists for restaurants, famous film locations, Sunday activities, and nightlife
- The top attractions and the best-kept local secrets: Wander along winding side streets and find traditional artisans, rare antiques, and trendy boutiques. Walk past the designer displays on Via dei Condotti, take a romantic evening stroll through the Villa Borghese, or people-watch from the Spanish Steps. Admire world-famous works by Bernini and Michelangelo, tour the Roman Forum and the Colosseum, or throw a coin into the Trevi Fountain. Mingle with locals at a Sunday market, find the best neighborhood pizza al taglio or fresh pasta, and discover innovative restaurants, trendy wine bars, and the city's most popular nightclubs
- Public transportation options, including the metro, public buses, and taxis
- Practical tips for first-time visitors, such as average costs, where you'll need to make a reservation, public holidays, and getting to and from the airport
About the Author
Moon City Walks is an innovative series of pocket-sized guides to the world's trendiest cities, designed to help travelers explore on foot, discover hip neighborhoods, and experience the city like a local. These full-color guidebooks feature foldout maps, turn-by-turn directions, and lively pages jam-packed with photos. Moon Travel Guides are published by Avalon Travel, an imprint of Perseus Books, a Hachette Book Group company, in Berkeley, California. For more information, check out the full series at www.moon.com/city-walks/.