Moon Cuba (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Moon Travel, 9781631216459, 652pp.
Publication Date: January 30, 2018
List Price: 24.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Moon Travel Guides: Your World, Your Way Enchanting music, incredible cuisine, classic cars, and stunning natural beauty: Cuba may be just an island, but it has a big impact on everyone who visits. Dive right in with Moon Cuba.
- Easy-to-use itineraries, with week-long trip suggestions tailored for adventurers, party animals, nature-lovers, beach bums, history buffs, and more
- Activities and unique ideas for every traveler: Hike the revolutionary trails of the Sierra Maestra trod by Fidel Castro and Che Guevara, or relax on sparkling beaches. Savor delectable criollo cuisine, indulge in the world's finest cigars, or sip mojitos and cuba libres made from the best Cuban rum. Explore colonial cities with cobbled plazas and cathedrals, or jade mountains full of dramatic rock formations. Discover the ins and outs of Cuba's nightlife, from salsa dancing to LGBT hotspots.
- Recommendations on outdoor recreation, including birding, horseback riding, fishing, cycling, and hiking, as well as the best beaches for diving, snorkeling, and sunbathing
- Honest advice from award-winning travel writer Christopher P. Baker on the country he has studied for decades
- Full-color photos and detailed maps and directions for exploring on your own
- Background information on the landscape, history, government, and culture, including a Spanish phrasebook
- A comprehensive guide to travel laws, visas and officialdom, and health and safety tips
- Essential insight for travelers on transportation and accommodations, packaged in a book light enough to fit in your carry-on
About the Author
Christopher P. Baker was born and raised in Yorkshire, England. He received a BA in geography from University College, London, and masters degrees in Latin American studies from Liverpool University and in education from the Institute of Education, London University. He began his writing career in 1978 as a contributing editor on Latin America for Land & Liberty, a London-based political journal. In 1980, he received a Scripps-Howard Foundation Scholarship in Journalism to attend the University of California, Berkeley. Since 1983, Christopher - the 2008 Lowell Thomas Travel Journalist of the Year - has made his living as a professional travel writer, photographer, lecturer, and tour guide. He specializes in Cuba, about which he has written six books. He has contributed to more than 150 publications worldwide, including CNN Travel, National Geographic Traveler, Robb Report, and The Los Angeles Times. Christopher has been profiled in USA Today, appears frequently on radio and television and as a guest-lecturer aboard cruise ships, and has spoken at the National Press Club, World Affairs Council, and on National Geographic Live. He is a National Geographic Resident Expert and conducts tours of Cuba, Colombia, and Costa Rica and Panama for National Geographic Expeditions, among other leading tour companies. He also leads his own motorcycle tours of Cuba for U.S. citizens (www.cubamotorcycletours.com). His many other books include Moon Costa Rica, Mi Moto Fidel: Motorcycling Through Castro's Cuba, and Cuba Classics: A Celebration of Vintage American Automobiles. Christopher's website can be found at christopherpbaker.com.