Rick Steves Croatia & Slovenia (Paperback)
Rick Steves, 9781631218095, 820pp.
Publication Date: July 10, 2018
List Price: 24.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Stroll Dubrovnik's ancient walls, hike the idyllic Julian Alps, and set sail on the glimmering Adriatic: with Rick Steves on your side, Croatia and Slovenia can be yours! Inside Rick Steves Croatia & Slovenia you'll find:
- Comprehensive coverage for spending a week or more in Croatia and Slovenia, with side trips to Montenegro and Bosnia-Herzegovina
- Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favorites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from Roman ruins in the heart of bustling Split to stunning waterfalls and mountains in Slovenia
- How to connect with culture: Taste wines at a vineyard in Hvar, tour museums and Baroque churches in Zagreb, and sample seafood fresh from the Adriatic at an open-air market in Dubrovnik
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick's candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and relax with a glass of local wine
- Self-guided walking tours of lively towns and fascinating museums
- Detailed maps for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, Slovenian and Croatian phrase books, a historical overview, and recommended reading
- Over 800 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Complete, up-to-date information on Zagreb, Plitvice Lakes National Park, Istria, Split, Hvar, Korcula, Dubrovnik, the Bay of Kotor, Mostar, Sarajevo, Ljubljana, Lake Bled, the Julian Alps, Logarska Dolina and the Northern Valleys, Ptuj, Maribor, the Karst, Piran, and more
Make the most of every day and every dollar with Rick Steves Croatia & Slovenia.
About the Author
Since 1973, Rick Steves has spent about four months a year exploring Europe. His mission: to empower Americans to have European trips that are fun, affordable, and culturally broadening. Rick produces a best-selling guidebook series, a public television series, and a public radio show, and organizes small-group tours that take over 30,000 travelers to Europe annually. He does all of this with the help of more than 100 well-traveled staff members at Rick Steves' Europe in Edmonds, WA (near Seattle). When not on the road, Rick is active in his church and with advocacy groups focused on economic and social justice, drug policy reform, and ending hunger. To recharge, Rick plays piano, relaxes at his family cabin in the Cascade Mountains, and spends time with his son Andy and daughter Jackie. Find out more about Rick at www.ricksteves.com and on Facebook.
Connect with Rick:
Born in Denver and raised in central Ohio, Cameron Hewitt settled in Seattle in 2000. Ever since, he has spent three months each year in Europe, contributing to guidebooks, tours, radio and television shows, and other media for Rick Steves' Europe, where he serves as content manager. Cameron married his high school sweetheart (and favorite travel partner), Shawna, and enjoys taking pictures, trying new restaurants, and planning his next trip.