Ever After (Paperback)
Create Fairy Tale-Inspired Mixed-Media Art Projects to Develop Your Personal Artistic Style
Quarry Books, 9781631596650, 144pp.
Publication Date: August 6, 2019
Based on one of Tamara’s popular series of online classes, Ever After addressesthe most frequently asked question she receives from her students: “How do I develop my own creative style?”
In addition to the beautiful art lessons created especially for this book by Tamara and eight other noted mixed-media artists, each chapter offers creative exercises that invite readers to explore stories, their symbolism, and a specific aspect of style development as they work toward and ultimately achieve their artistic goals.
- The Story of You. Explore the experiences, feelings, and ideas that stir your passion, and how to adapt and change motifs and other visual elements to make them your own.
- Inspiration: How to Find It, How to Use It. Examine how to stay open to inspiration, incorporate it into your art practice, and integrate it into your artwork.
- Comfort Zones & Productivity. Learn strategies for working through your fear and dedicating time to your artmaking.
- Dealing with Challenges & Deepening Your Voice. Find guidance for starting a mindfulness practice to help you deal with harsh feedback, and for allowing yourself the joy of continually evolving your story, your message, and your style.
Includes lessons and tips from these renowned mixed-media artists:
- Kara Bullock
- Lucy Chen
- Andrea Gomoll
- Annie Hamman
- Mariëlle Stolp
- Effy Wild
- Micki Wilde
Fairy Tales, Fables & Fiction
Featured stories include:
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Beauty & the Beast
- Goldilocks & the Three Bears
- Peter Pan
- Sleeping Beauty
- The Little Mermaid
About the Author
Tamara Laporte is a celebrated mixed-media artist and art teacher who has been running her own creative business, willowing.org, since late 2008. Since then, she has become a creative catalyst for thousands of artists. Her work, which can be described as “mixed-media folk art meets magical realism,” ranges from whimsical children’s illustrations to more stylised fantasy art. Symbolism and layering play a big part in her work, and her paintings often contain healing themes, uplifting messages, and inspirational poetry. Tamara believes that the act of creating art can be a gateway into healing and personal growth. Her art classes often contain an element of self-development along with instruction on art techniques. She is deeply devoted to helping people get in touch with their creative fire, and works tirelessly to bring uplifting, nourishing, creative, and empowering content to her amazing tribe of thousands. The author of the best-selling Create Your Life Book, Tamara's work has been featured in many art magazines, books, and media outlets. She runs a variety of popular art classes on her ning network, which has more than 24,500 members and grows by 150–200 mixed-media enthusiasts each month. She lives in Devon, UK.