Fun projects & growing tips for epic indoor plants
Houseplants make epic house guests—they don’t talk back, they’re 100% no drama, they’re exceptional listeners, and they help beautify your bedroom and calm your senses. Plus, houseplants are fun to nurture and care for. In Houseplant Party, you’ll discover dozens of amazing, easy-to-care-for houseplants that are a perfect fit for your desk, windowsill, bedside table, or bathroom vanity. From peace lilies and ponytail palms to fairy washboards, air plants, and Venus fly traps, author and houseplant guru Lisa Eldred Steinkopf has your back with easy-to-follow houseplant advice and insight.
But, Houseplant Party isn’t just about taking care of plants. It’s also about decorating with plants. Get step-by-step plans for making:
- A creative test tube wall planter
- A knotted plant hanger using recycled fabric or an old t-shirt
- A stress-reducing succulent Zen garden for your favorite relaxation spot
- A bedside aquatic garden with a Japanese moss ball
- A macrame hanger to display your favorite vining houseplant
- A wooden trellis to train climbing plants to grow on your wall and ceiling
- A trio of shadow boxes to display an air plant collection
- A beautifully trained and pruned bonsai plant
Praise For Houseplant Party: Fun projects & growing tips for epic indoor plants…
Cool Springs Press, 9781631598838, 112pp.
Publication Date: August 4, 2020
About the Author
Lisa Eldred Steinkopf is The Houseplant Guru, who features all things houseplants on her blog, thehouseplantguru.com. She is the author of Houseplants and Grow in the Dark and has written for HGTVgardens.com, Real Simple magazine, Michigan Gardener Magazine, the houseplant section of Allan Armitage’s Greatest Perennials and Annuals app, and Michigan Gardening Magazine, where she writes a monthly column. She worked for more than a decade at Steinkopf Nursery as the Annuals and Houseplants Manager, and has been interviewed online, in print, and on TV about houseplants. She harbors well over 1,000 houseplants in her home.