Painting School (Paperback)
Learn to paint more than 250 things!
Walter Foster Jr, 9781633227101, 240pp.
Publication Date: June 4, 2019
Painting School provides the first steps to a lifelong love of art. Your child will learn how to paint anything they see in the world around them by following a few simple steps. This comprehensive, 240-page, flexi-bound art guide reveals how easy it is to paint, with easy-to-follow step-by-step projects, colorful art, and clear instructions.
Before the step-by-step painting projects, this book begins with the basics, such as the paintbrushes and paints to use, the differences between popular paint types, how to mix colors, what to paint on, and much more. Then painting class really begins! A variety of subjects are covered, from animals and people to nature and simple, everyday objects. Some of the projects include:
- Zoo animals, such as a panda and a lion
- Pets, such as dogs and cats
- People, such as kids, adults, and a jogger and a firefighter
- Fairy tale characters, such as a princess and a brave knight
- Mythical creatures, such as a mermaid and a unicorn
- Vehicles, such as a car and an ice cream truck
- Fruits and vegetables
- Plants, such as trees and flowers
- Dinosaurs, such as a Tyrannosaurus rex
About the Author
Tanya Emelyanova was born in Siberia. After graduating with a degree in advertising, she began working in branding and advertising for a few years before embarking on an illustration and pattern design career, as drawing and creating have always been her true passion. She combines digital and analog materials in her work to create cute and fun illustrations. Tanya currently lives in St. Petersburg with her husband and big gray cat.