How to Argue with a Cat: A Human's Guide to the Art of Persuasion (Paperback)
A Human's Guide to the Art of Persuasion
Rodale Books, 9781635652741, 160pp.
Publication Date: June 19, 2018
Learn how to persuadecats--the world's most skeptical and cautious negotiators--with this primer onrhetoric and argument from the New YorkTimes bestselling author of Thank Youfor Arguing
Cats are skilled manipulators who can talk you into justabout anything without a single word (or maybe a meow or two). They can get youto drop whatever you're doing and play with them. They can make you serve theirdinner way ahead of schedule. They can get you to sit down right this instantand provide a lap. On the other hand, try getting a cat to do what you want....
While it's hard, persuading a cat is possible. And afterthat, persuading humans becomes a breeze, and that is what you will learn inthis book. How to Argue with a Cat willteach you how to:
- Hold an intelligent conversation--one of the fewthings easier to do with a cat than a human.
- Argue logically, even if your opponent is furryand irrational.
- Hack up a fallacy (the hairball of logic).
- Make your body do the talking (cats are verygood at this).
- Master decorum: the art of fitting in with cats, venture capitalists, or humans.
- Learn the wisdom of predator timing and pounceat the right moment.
- Get someone to do something or stop doing it.
- Earn any creature's respect and loyalty.