Moon Milan & Beyond (Paperback)
With the Italian Lakes: Day Trips, Local Spots, Strategies to Avoid Crowds (Travel Guide)
Moon Travel, 9781640490543, 376pp.
Publication Date: June 18, 2019
List Price: 21.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Whether you're sipping espresso in Piazza del Duomo or relaxing lakeside, take on Italy at your own speed with Moon Milan & Beyond.
- Explore In and Around the City: Wander Milan's most interesting neighborhoods and relax in the nearby lake region, including Lake Como, Lake Maggiore, Lake Garda, and more
- Go at Your Own Pace: Choose from multiple itinerary options for exploring Milan, the lakes, and nearby towns designed for foodies, history buffs, art lovers, fashionistas, and more
- See the Sights: Marvel at Milan's skyline from the roof of the Duomo, see da Vinci's Last Supper, and window-shop along the Via Montenapoleone
- Get Outside the City: Stroll through the charming villages on the banks of Lake Como, kick back on Lake Garda's sandy beaches, or cast your line at a secluded fishing island in the sprawling Lake Maggiore
- Savor the Flavors: Try traditional Milanese cuisine like ossobuco and risotto Milanese, grab an espresso and cornetto at a local café, and linger over a long lunch on a sunny piazza
- Experience the Nightlife: Immerse yourself in Milan's vibrant aperitivo culture, sample sparkling wines from the Lombardy region, and bar-hop through the city's bustling late-night scene
- Get to Know the Real Milan: Follow local suggestions from Milan transplant Lindsey Davison
- Full-Color Photos and Detailed Maps
- Handy Tools: Background information on Milanese history and culture, plus tips on sustainable travel, what to pack, where to stay, and how to get around
Day trip itineraries, favorite local spots, and strategies to skip the crowds: Take your time with Moon Milan & Beyond.
Exploring more of Italy? Check out Moon Rome Walks or Moon Venice & Beyond.
About the Author
Born and raised in the American South, Lindsey Jane Davison slowly but surely moved further and further away from her hometown of Fayetteville, Arkansas before landing in one of the fashion capitals of the world: Milan. Her connection to Italy came when she hopped the pond for a semester abroad in Milan in 2014. By the end of her three months in Italy, she fell in love with the change of pace and the never-ending list of beautiful weekend trips at her fingertips, opting to head back for graduate school one year later, and eventually making Europe her long-term home.
As an award-winning contributor to travel and culture magazines and newspapers in both the U.S. and internationally, Lindsey has covered a wide range of topics, from migration patterns in rural America to food and music guides in European cities. You'll find Lindsey in just about any corner of Northern Italy on the weekends, with several adventures to other European countries an annual tradition.
Lindsey graduated from the Missouri School of Journalism with a degree in International Magazine Journalism in 2015, then obtained her master's degree in Corporate Communication from the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore a year later. Today, Lindsey works as a full-time writer in a small village just outside of Milan.