Moon Yellowstone to Glacier National Park Road Trip
Jackson Hole, the Grand Tetons & the Rocky Mountain Front (Travel Guide)
List Price: 19.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
From stunning waterfalls, glaciers, and geysers to wide open spaces begging to be explored, answer the call of the wild with Moon Yellowstone to Glacier National Park Road Trip. Inside you'll find:
- Maps and Driving Tools: Easy-to-use maps keep you oriented on and off the highway, along with site-to-site mileage, driving times, detailed directions for the entire route, and full-color photos throughout
- Eat, Sleep, Stop and Explore: With lists of the best hikes, views, places for wildlife-watching, and more, you can watch Old Faithful from Observation Point, drive the 50-mile Going-to-the-Sun Road, spot everything from bighorn sheep to bears on a wildlife tour of Yellowstone's Lamar and Hayden valleys, and kick back with a craft beer in Bozeman
- Outdoor Adventures: Hike the trails in Glacier or ski in Whitefish. Admire the reflection of the Grand Tetons as you kayak Jenny Lake or set up camp and stargaze late into the night
- The Best Hikes: Detailed descriptions, trail maps, mileage and elevation gains, and backpacking options
- Flexible Itineraries: Drive the entire two-week route or explore the region on shorter trips to Glacier, Yellowstone, or Grand Teton
- Local Expertise: Former wilderness guide Carter G. Walker shares her deep love of the region
- How to Plan Your Trip: Know when and where to get gas and how to avoid traffic, plus tips for driving in different road and weather conditions and suggestions for LGBTQ travelers, seniors, and road-trippers with kids
- Coverage of Yellowstone, Grand Teton and Glacier National Parks, Bozeman, Jackson Hole, Cody, Whitefish, and more
With Moon Yellowstone to Glacier National Park Road Trip's practical tips, flexible itineraries, and local know-how, you're ready to fill up the tank and hit the road.
Spending more time in the parks? Check out Moon Glacier National Park or Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton. Want to extend your adventure? Check out Moon Montana & Wyoming.
Moon Travel, 9781640490963, 350pp.
Publication Date: December 10, 2019
About the Author
From the time she was eight years old, Carter G. Walker made annual family trips to a Wyoming dude ranch, where she fell in love with purple mountain majesties and all things equine. After she graduated early from Colgate University in Hamilton, New York, with an English literature degree, Carter landed, sight unseen, in Bozeman, Montana, and made the West her home.
In two decades as a Westerner, Carter has stoked the flames of her love affair by balancing her intellectual need to tell stories with her physical yearning to explore wild places. She has worked as a wilderness guide in Montana and Wyoming; as a naturalist guide in Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks; as a wildland and structure firefighter and EMT; and as a publisher, editor, and freelance writer. She teaches writing at Montana State University and writes both fiction and creative nonfiction, and travels the backroads and little-known parts of the West as fodder for magazine features and food for her soul.
Carter lives with her two adventuresome daughters, Sissel and Siri-wild things, both of them, and road warriors-in Bozeman, Montana. For more of her work, visit www.cartergwalker.com