Moon Montana & Wyoming (Paperback)
With Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks (Travel Guide)
Moon Travel, 9781640491915, 582pp.
Publication Date: May 7, 2019
List Price: 24.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Moon Montana & Wyoming guides you to the best of the wild west, revealing the untold adventures that await under the vast country sky. Inside you'll find:
- Strategic, flexible itineraries for visiting both states, including Yellowstone, Glacier, and Grand Teton national parks, curated for outdoor adventurers, history buffs, and more
- The best road trips in Montana and Wyoming, from a 14-day Greater Yellowstone loop to a 7-day Glacier road trip
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Hit the road to see the stunning scenery of the national parks, and stop in towns where the old West is alive and well. Spot wildlife like wolves, elk, moose, bison, and black bears, go whitewater rafting or kayaking, or drive the famed Going-to-the-Sun Road. Hike to roaring waterfalls, breathtaking vistas, and secluded lakes. Learn about the region's important Native American history, discover authentic cowboy culture, or sample the best of western cuisine in Jackson Hole, from locally raised bison burgers to huckleberry pie
- Honest advice from former wilderness guide and longtime Montana local Carter G. Walker on where to stay, where to eat, and how to get around
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Background information on the landscape, wildlife, history, and local culture
- Recommendations for families, LGBTQ+ travelers, and travelers with disabilities
With Moon Montana & Wyoming's practical advice and local insight, you can plan your trip your way.
Focusing on the national parks? Try Moon Glacier National Park or Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton.
About the Author
From the time she was eight years old, Carter G. Walker made annual family trips to a Wyoming dude ranch, where she fell in love with purple mountain majesties and all things equine. After she graduated early from Colgate University in Hamilton, New York, with an English literature degree, Carter landed, sight unseen, in Bozeman, Montana, and made the West her home.
In two decades as a Westerner, Carter has stoked the flames of her love affair by balancing her intellectual need to tell stories with her physical yearning to explore wild places. She has worked as a wilderness guide in Montana and Wyoming; as a naturalist guide in Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks; as a wildland and structure firefighter and EMT; and as a publisher, editor, and freelance writer. She teaches writing at Montana State University and writes both fiction and creative nonfiction, and travels the backroads and little-known parts of the West as fodder for magazine features and food for her soul.
Carter lives with her two adventuresome daughters, Sissel and Siri-wild things, both of them, and road warriors-in Bozeman, Montana. For more of her work, visit www.cartergwalker.com