Moon Tennessee (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Moon Travel, 9781640493414, 560pp.
Publication Date: June 25, 2019
List Price: 23.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
The birthplace of the blues, the cradle of country music, and the home of the Smokies: get to know the Volunteer State with Moon Tennessee. Inside you'll find:
- Strategic, flexible itineraries, from a long weekend in Nashville to a Great Smokies road trip, designed for history buffs, families, outdoor adventurers, music lovers, and more, including day trips from Memphis and Nashville
- The best local flavors: Dig in to fiery hot chicken and authentic Southern barbecue or sip on samples at the Jack Daniels Distillery
- Can't-miss music: Catch a performance on the Grand Ole Opry stage or follow in the footsteps of the King at Graceland. Two-step with the locals at a beloved honkytonk, listen to the strums of bluegrass, or tour studios where legends like Johnny Cash recorded their hits
- Outdoor adventures: Go whitewater rafting in Cherokee National Forest, hike to rushing waterfalls in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, or spot wild bison in the Land Between the Lakes
- Expert advice from local Nashvillian Margaret Littman on when to go, where to eat, and where to stay, from rugged campgrounds to historic inns
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Accurate, up-to-date information on the landscape, wildlife, and history of Tennessee
- Trusted recommendations for LGBTQ+ travelers, international visitors, seniors, and travelers with disabilities
With Moon Tennessee's practical tips and local know-how, you can experience the best of the state.
Hitting the road? Check out Moon Nashville to New Orleans Road Trip.
About the Author
Margaret Littman is both an old-timer and a relative newcomer to Nashville. After graduating from Vanderbilt University, she left Tennessee for points north over the course of her writing career. But after 17 years she could no longer resist the siren song of the Parthenon, bluegrass music, or fried pickles, so she returned to Nashville, where she writes about Music City, Southeast travel, food, pets, and more. An avid stand-up paddler, she loves being a day trip away from the Tennessee River to the south, Reelfoot Lake to the west, and Norris Dam to the east.
There's nothing Margaret loves more than telling natives something they didn't know about their home state. And with 75,000 miles on her station wagon already, she has lots of ideas for little-known places to listen to music, eat barbecue, paddle a lake, hike to a waterfall, or buy works by local artists.
Margaret's work has appeared in national and regional magazines, including Wine Enthusiast, Entrepreneur, The Tennessean, and many others. She is the author of several guidebooks as well as the Nashville Essential Guide.
Margaret has loved lots of places she's lived, but the day she looked down and realized she was wearing cowboy boots in synagogue, she knew she had become a Nashvillian.
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase