Moon North Carolina (Paperback)
With Great Smoky Mountains National Park (Travel Guide)
Moon Travel, 9781640493797, 520pp.
Publication Date: June 4, 2019
List Price: 23.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
From the Outer Banks to Asheville, discover the best of the Tar Heel State with Moon North Carolina. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible itineraries, including scenic drives along the Blue Ridge Parkway, a weekend in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and getaways to Asheville, Raleigh-Durham, and Charlotte
- Strategic advice designed for hikers, beach-goers, foodies, wildlife-watchers, and more
- The top local experiences: Explore the gardens of the Biltmore Estate, check out the art museum in Raleigh, or kick back with a craft beer at an outdoor concert in Wilmington. Escape to the Outer Banks for a glimpse of wild horses, historic lighthouses, and remote islands. Tap your foot to live bluegrass and dig in to famous North Carolina barbecue
- Outdoor activities: Hike to waterfalls or challenge yourself to climb the highest peaks in Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Kayak around Kitty Hawk, whitewater raft in the wild Nantahala River Gorge, hang glide, or spend a day fly-fishing
- Expert tips from North Carolina local Jason Frye on when to go, how to get around, and where to stay, from rugged campgrounds to historic inns and beachside B&Bs
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Thorough background on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and local culture
With Moon North Carolina's expert advice and local insight, you can find your adventure.
Focusing on the mountains? Check out Moon Asheville & the Great Smoky Mountains. Can't get enough of the beach? Try Moon North Carolina Coast.
About the Author
Raised deep in the mountains of West Virginia, Jason Frye first fell in love with North Carolina as a kid during family vacations to the Outer Banks. In 2002, he swapped his mountains for sand dunes and his river for an ocean when he moved to Wilmington to pursue a Master of Fine Arts in creative writing. There, his love for North Carolina deepened into a longing to stay, settle, explore, and be a part of the people, culture, and history of the state.
Along with his wife, Lauren, Jason has kayaked the marshes and waterways near his home; hang glided off the Outer Banks; explored the cityscapes of Charlotte, Raleigh, and Winston-Salem; and wandered the woods and wilds around Asheville.
Jason has contributed stories to VisitNC.com, AAA's Go Magazine, Our State magazine, and the Wilmington Star News, where he's a restaurant reviewer. He is also a food blogger for Our State Eats.