Moon North Carolina Coast (Paperback)
With the Outer Banks (Travel Guide)
Moon Travel, 9781640493872, 216pp.
Publication Date: June 18, 2019
List Price: 16.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Salty air and the promise of adventure: answer the call of the ocean with Moon North Carolina Coast. Inside you'll find:
- Strategic itineraries, from a weekend getaway to the Outer Banks to a week covering the whole coast, designed for beach bums, outdoor adventurers, history buffs, families, and more
- The top sights and unique experiences: Visit the North Carolina Aquarium, explore a Civil War fort, discover the remains of sunken pirate ships, or climb to the top of a historic lighthouse. Order the catch of the day at a local fish shack, sample fresh oysters, or indulge in some authentic North Carolina barbecue. Relax on a sandy beach, spot wild horses on the shore, and watch the sun set over the glittering Atlantic
- Outdoor adventures: Kayak through misty marshes, take a moonlight paddling tour of a wildlife refuge, surf the powerful swells, or hike the largest sand dune on the East Coast
- The best beaches for your trip, with lists of the top spots for sunbathing, water sports, wildlife viewing, solitude, and more
- Honest insight from North Carolina local Jason Frye on when to go, where to eat, and where to stay, from rugged campgrounds to historic inns
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Thorough background on North Carolina's culture, environment, wildlife, and history
With Moon North Carolina Coast's diverse activities and local perspective, you can plan your trip your way.
Exploring inland? Check out Moon North Carolina. Hitting the road? Try Blue Ridge Parkway Road Trip.
About the Author
Raised deep in the mountains of West Virginia, Jason Frye first fell in love with North Carolina as a kid during family vacations to the Outer Banks. In 2002, he swapped his mountains for sand dunes and his river for an ocean when he moved to Wilmington to pursue a Master of Fine Arts in creative writing. There, his love for North Carolina deepened into a longing to stay, settle, explore, and be a part of the people, culture, and history of the state.
Along with his wife, Lauren, Jason has kayaked the marshes and waterways near his home; hang glided off the Outer Banks; explored the cityscapes of Charlotte, Raleigh, and Winston-Salem; and wandered the woods and wilds around Asheville.
Jason has contributed stories to VisitNC.com, AAA's Go Magazine, Our State magazine, and the Wilmington Star News, where he's a restaurant reviewer. He is also a food blogger for Our State Eats.