Moon Arches & Canyonlands National Parks
Hiking, Biking, Scenic Drives (Travel Guide)
- Flexible Itineraries: Unique and adventure-packed ideas for day trips to each park, road trips, and more
- The Best Hikes in Arches and Canyonlands National Parks: Detailed trail descriptions, mileage and elevation gains, and backpacking options
- Experience the Outdoors: Climb dramatic stone bridges and slickrock bluffs to Delicate Arch, and find the perfect spot for a red rock photo-op. Join a ranger-led hike through Arches' Fiery Furnace, or a half-day rafting tour down the Colorado River. Hike to mesa-top vistas, mountain bike through high-desert canyons, and explore countless backcountry trails. Visit the Ancestral Puebloan preservation at Hovenweep National Monument, and enjoy a couple microbrews with mountain biking locals in Moab
- How to Get There: Up-to-date information on gateway towns, park entrances, park fees, and tours
- Where to Stay: Spend a night in a riverfront lodge, or sleep under the stars with campgrounds, resorts, and more both inside and outside the park
- Planning Tips: When to go, what to pack, safety information, and how to avoid the crowds, with full-color photos and easy-to-use maps throughout
- Expertise and know-how from seasoned explorers W.C. McRae and Judy Jewell
Exploring more of Utah's natural wonders? Try Moon Zion & Bryce. For full coverage of America's national parks, check out Moon USA National Parks: The Complete Guide to All 62 National Parks.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
Moon Travel, 9781640494695, 200pp.
Publication Date: November 2, 2021
About the Author
Judy Jewell graduated from Reed College and worked at Portland's renowned Powell's Books. Judy worked there, as a book buyer and manager, for 14 years then decided to write travel books. Judy is the author of several guidebooks, including Moon Utah and Moon Oregon (also with Bill McRae). When she is not writing about the outdoors and travel, she is the lead technical writer at Camp Dusty Technical Services. She lives with her husband and dog in Portland, OR.