Moon Normandy & Brittany
With Mont-Saint-Michel (Travel Guide)
- Flexible itineraries for 1 to 5 days in Normandy and Brittany that can be combined into a 2-week trip, plus suggestions for easy side trips
- Strategic advice for foodies, art lovers, history buffs, outdoor adventurers, and more
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Hike the dramatic chalk cliffs of Étretat or stroll the gardens that inspired Monet's Water Lilies. Cycle the rolling hills and endless backroads to small villages and sip cider with locals at a Celtic Festoù-noz pulsing with traditional dance and music. Pay your respects at the D-Day beaches and monuments and learn about the largest military landing in history. Admire the spectacular monastery rising above the tidal plains of Mont Saint Michel and enjoy fresh seafood in Saint-Malo
- Honest advice on where to stay, how to get around, and where to find the best regional cuisine, from creamy cheeses in Normandy to Breton galettes and cider
- Local perspective from British expat and local expert Chris Newens
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Helpful resources on COVID-19 and traveling to Normandy and Brittany
- Background information on the landscape, history, and cultural customs of each region
- Handy tools such as a French phrasebook and tips for traveling with children or as a senior
Exploring more of France? Try Moon Provence or Moon French Riviera.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
Praise For Moon Normandy & Brittany: With Mont-Saint-Michel (Travel Guide)…
“The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."—Transitions Abroad
"Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."—Gear Patrol, "The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey"
"Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."—The New York Times
"Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer."—No Small Plan
"Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."—Los Angeles Times
Moon Travel, 9781640495951, 496pp.
Publication Date: April 26, 2022
About the Author
Beyond his passion for Normandy and Brittany, Chris is also a great lover of travel and travel guides and spent his youth obsessing over countless destinations around the world, pouring over maps and guides to do so. And, indeed, while he's had experience in many different areas of the writing industry—including as a finance journalist for the New York Times and later produced copy for Australia's National Parks and Wildlife Service—travel has always been his main love.