Moon Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard & Nantucket (Travel Guide)
- Strategic itineraries, including weekend getaways to Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, or Nantucket, and the 12-day best of all three, designed for outdoor adventurers, beach bums, foodies, families, winter visitors, and more
- Fun highlights and unique experiences: Admire 19th century lighthouses and take in some local lore at the Whaling Museum. Feast on raw oysters, fried clams, and fresh fish. Kick back at an old-school drive-in theater or have a lively night at a popular drag show in Provincetown. Stroll the cobblestone streets of Nantucket or pop into the galleries and artisan studios on the Cape
- The top outdoor adventures: Kayak through misty marshes, spot dolphins from a sailboat, hike to cliffside bluffs, or bike the serene beach paths of Martha's Vineyard
- Honest advice from Cape Cod local Ray Bartlett on when to go, how to get around, and where to stay, from quiet seaside cottages to historic guest houses and posh resorts
- Helpful resources on Covid-19 and traveling to Cape Cod
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Thorough background on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and culture
Exploring more of New England? Try Moon New England Road Trip. Hitting the trails? Check out Moon New England Hiking.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
Praise For Moon Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard & Nantucket (Travel Guide)…
“The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."—Transitions Abroad
"Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."—Gear Patrol, "The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey"
"Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."—The New York Times
"Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer."—No Small Plan
"Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."—Los Angeles Times
Moon Travel, 9781640496057, 288pp.
Publication Date: May 31, 2022
About the Author
Ray is often on the road in Japan, Korea, or Mexico, but when not elsewhere, he's here on the Cape. In addition to publishing numerous travel articles and books, he has also produced videos on such disparate topics as New England in autumn, Cape Cod whale-watching, and a Japanese fertility festival. Ray is a featured guest on Around the World, a syndicated radio show, and he has appeared on PRI's The World. He owns and operates a top-rated onsen website, OnsenJapan.net, and wrote a novel, Sunsets of Tulum.
When not on assignment in different parts of the globe, Ray is on the Cape, where he drinks too much coffee and burns too much midnight oil. His hobbies are surfing and dancing Argentine Tango. Find him via his website at Kaisora.com, on Facebook at facebook.com/RayBartlettAuthor, or @kaisoradotcom on Twitter.