Moon Amsterdam Walks (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Moon Travel, 9781640497757, 152pp.
Publication Date: December 3, 2019
List Price: 14.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Experience Amsterdam like a local: on foot! Wander along Amsterdam's sparkling canals and bask in the diversity of its village vibes and cosmopolitan culture. Inside you'll find:
- Six customizable walks through the city's hippest neighborhoods, including the Center, Westerpark, the Jordaan, De Pijp, and more, with color-coded stops and turn-by-turn directions
- Foldout maps of each route and a removable full-city map, in a handy, portable guide
- "Top Ten" lists for restaurants, nightlife, museums, and Sunday activities
- The top sights and unique local experiences: Stroll the canals and admire postmodern architecture or discover unique boutiques and emerging designers in the buzzing central district. Make like the locals and rent a bike, ride along busy boulevards, and break for a picnic or movie screening at a public park. Explore the city's history in its many museums or peruse contemporary art exhibits in industrial-style galleries. Sip craft beer at a traditional brewery, or artisanal coffee at an outdoor café. Sample seasonal dishes at a farm-to-table restaurant, and dance the night away to DJ sets at the city's hippest nightclubs
- Public transportation options, including bike rentals, tram or metro, and ferry
- Practical tips for first-time visitors, including where you'll need to make a reservation, public holidays, and getting to and from the airport
With creative routes, public transit options, and a full-city map, you can explore Amsterdam at your own pace, without missing a beat.
Check out our guides to more of the world's best cities, so you can hit the ground running! Also available: Moon Barcelona Walks, Moon Berlin Walks, Moon New York Walks, Moon London Walks, Moon Paris Walks, and Moon Rome Walks.
About the Author
Moon City Walks is an innovative series of pocket-sized guides to the world's trendiest cities, designed to help travelers explore on foot, discover hip neighborhoods, and experience the city like a local. These full-color guidebooks feature foldout maps, turn-by-turn directions, and lively pages jam-packed with photos. Moon Travel Guides are published by Avalon Travel, an imprint of Perseus Books, a Hachette Book Group company, in Berkeley, California. For more information, check out the full series at www.moon.com/city-walks/.