Moon Nashville (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Moon Travel, 9781640498419, 279pp.
Publication Date: May 26, 2020
List Price: 19.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Move to the beat and savor the unique creative energy of Music City. From hot chicken to warm Southern hospitality, you can experience it all with Moon Nashville.
- Explore the City: Navigate by neighborhood or by activity with color-coded maps, or follow one of our self-guided neighborhood walks
- See the Sites: Watch country music's top acts at the Grand Ole Opry, tour the storied halls of the Tennessee State Capitol, and pay homage to legends at the Country Music Hall of Fame. Stroll the Vanderbilt and Fisk campuses, shop for vintage records and handcrafted jewelry, and go honky-tonking late into the night
- Get a Taste of the City: Cast your vote for the best authentic hot chicken, dine at a classic meat-and-three, or delight in food truck feasts featuring Egyptian treats, farm-fresh peaches, and fiery moonshine
- Bars and Nightlife: Tap your foot to some live music at the Bluebird Café or pull up a barstool for a flight of classic Tennessee whiskeys. Get inspired by up-and-coming singers in The Basement before finding your own voice at Lonnie's Western Room karaoke, or try a free line dance lesson at Wildhorse Saloon
- Local Advice from Nashvillian Margaret Littman on her beloved home city
- Flexible, strategic itineraries including a two-day tour, a foodie weekend, and Nashville on a budget, plus day trips to Land Between the Lakes, Mammoth Cave, the Jack Daniels Distillery in Lynchburg, and more
- Tips for Travelers including where to stay, how to safely bike in the city, plus advice for LGBTQ+ visitors, international travelers, and families with children
- Maps and Tools like background information on the history and culture of Nashville, easy-to-read maps, full-color photos, and neighborhood guides from Midtown to Music Valley
With Moon Nashville's practical tips and local know-how, you can plan your trip your way.
Hitting the road? Try Moon Blue Ridge Parkway Road Trip or Moon Nashville to New Orleans Road Trip. If you're heading to more of the South's cities, try Moon Memphis or Moon Charleston & Savannah.
About the Author
Margaret Littman is both a relative newcomer to the Volunteer State and an old-timer. An alumnae of Vanderbilt University, she left for points north over the course her writing career. But after 17 years she could no longer resist the siren song of the Parthenon, bluegrass music or fried pickles, and returned to Nashville where she writes about Music City, Southeast travel, food, pets and more. An avid stand-up paddler, she loves being a day's trip away from the Tennessee River to the south, Reelfoot Lake to the west and Norris Dam to the east.
There's nothing she loves more than telling a native something he or she didn't know about his or her home state. She has lots of ideas for little-known places to listen to music, eat barbecue, paddle a lake, hike to a waterfall and buy works by local artists.
Her work has appeared in national and regional magazines, including The Tennessean, The Nashville Scene, Rolling Stone Country and Entrepreneur, as well as many others.
Since moving to Nashville, Margaret has acquired a Ford pickup truck and an impressive selection of cowboy boots, but still not the ability to carry a tune.