Moon Banff National Park (Paperback)
Hike, Camp, See Wildlife (Travel Guide)
Moon Travel, 9781640498822, 176pp.
Publication Date: April 14, 2020
List Price: 14.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Banff sparkles as the crown jewel of Canada's national parks. Explore the best of it with Moon Banff National Park. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible Itineraries: Unique and adventure-packed ideas for day hikers, winter visitors, families with kids, campers, and more
- The Best Hikes in Banff: Detailed trail descriptions, individual trail maps, mileage and elevation gains, and backpacking options
- Experience the Outdoors: Ride over the snow in a horse-drawn sleigh or through the sky in a mountain gondola. Follow the vast network of hiking trails along glacial valleys and discover alpine lakes and spectacular vistas. Soak in a natural hot spring, treat yourself at a luxurious mountain resort, or discover the park's history at one of Banff's excellent museums. Grab a cup of coffee at a local shop, or experience the town's classic après-ski nightlife
- How to Get There: Up-to-date information on gateway towns, park entrances, park fees, and tours
- Where to Stay: From campgrounds and rustic lodges to sprawling ski resorts, find the best spots to kick back, both inside and outside the park
- Planning Tips: When to go, what to pack, safety information, and how to avoid the crowds, with full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Expertise and Know-How from seasoned explorer and Banff local Andrew Hempstead
Find your adventure in Banff National Park with Moon.
Exploring more of Canada's great outdoors? Try Moon Canadian Rockies. Hitting the road? Try Moon Vancouver & Canadian Rockies Road Trip.
About the Author
As a professional travel writer, Andrew Hempstead spends as much time as possible on the road, traveling incognito, experiencing the many and varied delights of each destination just as his readers do. He looks forward to spending every second summer at home in the Canadian Rockies, traveling mountain highways and hiking trails, exploring new places, and updating old favorites.
Since the early 1990s, Andrew has authored and updated more than 60 guidebooks, and supplied content for regional and national clients like Expedia and KLM. His photography has appeared in a wide variety of media, ranging from international golf magazines to a Ripley's Believe it or Not! Museum.
Andrew and his wife, Dianne, own Summerthought Publishing, a Canadian regional publisher of nonfiction books. He is a member of The Diners Club World's 50 Best Restaurants Academy. Andrew has also spoken on travel writing to a national audience and has contributed to a university-level travel writing textbook.
Andrew and his family live in Banff, Alberta.