Moon Nashville to New Orleans Road Trip (Paperback)
Hit the Road for the Best Southern Food and Music Along the Natchez Trace (Travel Guide)
Moon Travel, 9781640499249, 448pp.
Publication Date: April 6, 2021
List Price: 21.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
From Music City to the Big Easy, cruise through the heart of the South along the verdant Natchez Trace Parkway. Inside Moon Nashville to New Orleans Road Trip you'll find:
- Maps and Driving Tools: 24 easy-to-use maps keep you oriented on and off the parkway, along with site-to-site mileage, driving times, and detailed directions for the entire route
- Eat, Sleep, Stop, and Explore: Grab some hot chicken and two-step to country classics in Nashville, indulge in jazz and Creole cuisine in New Orleans, or enjoy barbecue and blues in Memphis. Visit important monuments of the civil rights movement, learn about the South's musical legacy on the Mississippi Blues Trail, and find the best hikes for exploring the stunning landscape
- Strategic Itineraries: Drive the entire two-week route, or follow suggestions for spending time in Nashville, the Quad Cities, Memphis, Tupelo, Jackson, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans
- Local Expertise: Nashville local Margaret Littman shares her love of exploring the Natchez Trace
- Planning Your Trip: Know when and where to get gas, how to avoid traffic, tips for driving in different road and weather conditions, advice for those cycling the route, and suggestions for LGBTQ travelers, families, seniors, and visitors with disabilities
About the Author
Margaret Littman is both a relative newcomer to Nashville and an old-timer. An alumna of Vanderbilt University, she left Tennessee for points north over the course of her writing career. But in 2007, she could no longer resist the siren song of the Parthenon, bluegrass music, or fried pickles, so she returned.Living on the northern terminus of the Natchez Trace Parkway, Margaret takes road trips to explore the history and culture in her backyard and beyond. Some of her favorite road trip experiences include eating doughnuts in Tupelo, buying books in Oxford, listening to music in Muscle Shoals, stand-up paddling on Tennessee's rivers, and hiking on the Natchez Trace National Scenic Trail.Margaret writes about Southeast travel, food, pets, and more. Her writing has appeared in USA Today, The Telegraph, Entrepreneur magazine, and Nashville Lifestyles. She is also the author of Moon Nashville and Moon Tennessee. Follow Margaret's adventures at www.littmanwrites.com.
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase