Moon Cartagena & Colombia's Caribbean Coast (Travel Guide)
List Price: 17.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Romantic cobblestone streets and ancient ruins, golden beaches and turquoise waters: Colombia's Caribbean coastline offers relaxation and adventure in equal measure. Dive right in with Moon Cartagena & Colombia's Caribbean Coast.
- Strategic itineraries for adventurers, nature-lovers, beach bums, history buffs, and more
- Unique experiences and can't-miss highlights: Stroll through Cartagena's historic central district and admire the vivid bougainvillea cascading from balconies, dance to the sounds of salsa and champeta, or walk along the Old City's fortifications at sunset. Visit organic coffee farms, sample ceviche at a trendy sidewalk spot, or relax in a beachside cabaña at an ecofriendly hotel
- The top outdoor adventures: Find the best beaches for diving, snorkeling, kitesurfing, and more. Hike lush, forested mountains and look out for flashes of colorful feathers, or make the multiday trek to the ancient city of Ciudad Perdida
- Ways to respectfully engage with culture from local Ocean Malandra, including how to support small businesses and travel ethically and sustainably
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Reliable background on the landscape, history, government, and culture, including a handy Spanish phrasebook
- Helpful recommendations for health and safety, plus suggestions for LGBTQ+ visitors, solo travelers, travelers with disabilities, and seniors
With Moon's expert tips and local insight, you can experience the best of Cartagena.
Expanding your trip? Check out Moon Colombia.
Moon Travel, 9781640499409, 232pp.
Publication Date: December 1, 2020
About the Author
In 2009, Ocean Malandra embarked on what was meant to be a journey across South America from north to south, starting in Colombia. After overstaying his six-month visa in Colombia because he was having the time of his life studying salsa in Cali and dancing the night away, he finally crossed the border into Ecuador-only to turn around a month later and come back to Colombia.
Ocean is a widely published writer who divides his time between Northern California and South America. His articles appear in diverse sites and publications including Alternet.org, USA Today, Business Insider, High Times, Paste Magazine, Vice.com, Parabola Magazine, International Living Magazine, MassRoots, and many more. He specializes in writing about sustainable gastronomy, socially conscious travel, and solution-based environmentalism.