Rick Steves Prague & The Czech Republic (Paperback)
Rick Steves, 9781641710992, 503pp.
Publication Date: April 30, 2019
List Price: 21.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
From the world's largest castle to the coziest pubs, experience the Old World charm of the Czech Republic with Rick Steves. Inside Rick Steves Prague & the Czech Republic you'll find:
- Comprehensive coverage for spending a week or more exploring Prague and the Czech Republic
- Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favorites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from the city's stunning Old Town Square and Prague Castle to charming neighborhood bars and restaurants
- How to connect with local culture: Take a dip in freshwater peat spas, explore the medieval villages of Bohemia, or enjoy a wine-cellar serenade with friendly vintners
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick's candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and relax with a pint of local Pilsner
- Self-guided walking tours of lively neighborhoods and thought-provoking museums
- Detailed maps and directions, including a fold-out map for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, a Czech phrase book, a historical overview, and recommended reading
- Over 500 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Complete, up-to-date information on Prague, Kutna Hora, Terezin Memorial, Litomerice, Konopiste Castle, Karlstejn Castle, Krivoklat Castle, Karlovy Vary, Cesky Krumlov, Trebon, Telc, Trebic, Slavonice, Olomouc, Kromeriz, Wallachia, Mikulov, Pavlov and the Palava Hills, Lednice and Valtice, and more
Make the most of every day and every dollar with Rick Steves Prague & the Czech Republic.
Spending a week or less in the city? Check out Rick Steves Pocket Prague!
About the Author
Since 1973, Rick Steves has spent about four months a year exploring Europe. His mission: to empower Americans to have European trips that are fun, affordable, and culturally broadening. Rick produces a best-selling guidebook series, a public television series, and a public radio show, and organizes small-group tours that take over 30,000 travelers to Europe annually. He does all of this with the help of more than 100 well-traveled staff members at Rick Steves' Europe in Edmonds, WA (near Seattle). When not on the road, Rick is active in his church and with advocacy groups focused on economic and social justice, drug policy reform, and ending hunger. To recharge, Rick plays piano, relaxes at his family cabin in the Cascade Mountains, and spends time with his son Andy and daughter Jackie. Find out more about Rick at www.ricksteves.com and on Facebook.
Connect with Rick:
Honza Vihan grew up roaming the Czech countryside in search of the Wild West. Once the borders opened, he set off for South Dakota. His journey took him to China, Honduras, India, and Iran, where he contributed to several travel guides. Honza lives in Prague with his family, teaches Chinese, coaches hockey, and writes for inthefray.org