Rick Steves Best of France (Rick Steves Travel Guide)
List Price: 24.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Hit France's can't-miss art, sights, and bites in two weeks or less with Rick Steves Best of France! Inside you'll find:
- Strategic advice from Rick Steves on what's worth your time and money
- Short itineraries covering the best of Paris, Normandy, the Loire, Dordogne, Provence, the French Riviera, and Burgundy, including Versailles, Nice, the D-Day beaches, Côtes du Rhône, Monaco, Avignon, and more
- Rick's tips for beating the crowds, skipping lines, and avoiding tourist traps
- The best of local culture, flavors, and haunts, including insightful walks through museums, historic sights, and atmospheric neighborhoods
- Trip planning strategies like how to link destinations and design your itinerary, what to pack, where to stay, and how to get around
- Over 400 full-color pageswith detailed maps and vibrant photos throughout
- Suggestions for side trips and excursions
Experience France's old-world romance and modern-day excitement for yourself with Rick Steves Best of France!
Planning a longer trip? Rick Steves France is the classic, in-depth guide to exploring the country.
Rick Steves, 9781641711098, 465pp.
Publication Date: October 15, 2019
About the Author
Since 1973, Rick Steves has spent about four months a year exploring Europe. His mission: to empower Americans to have European trips that are fun, affordable, and culturally broadening. Rick produces a best-selling guidebook series, a public television series, and a public radio show, and organizes small-group tours that take over 30,000 travelers to Europe annually. He does all of this with the help of more than 100 well-traveled staff members at Rick Steves' Europe in Edmonds, WA (near Seattle). When not on the road, Rick is active in his church and with advocacy groups focused on economic and social justice, drug policy reform, and ending hunger. To recharge, Rick plays piano, relaxes at his family cabin in the Cascade Mountains, and spends time with his son Andy and daughter Jackie. Find out more about Rick at www.ricksteves.com and on Facebook.
Connect with Rick:
Steve Smith manages tour guides for Rick Steves' Europe tour program and has been researching guidebooks with Rick for over two decades. Fluent in French, he's lived in France on several occasions, starting when he was seven. Steve owns a restored farmhouse in rural Burgundy where he hangs his beret in research season. Steve's wife, Karen Lewis Smith-who is an expert on French cuisine and wine - provides invaluable contributions to his books.