Rick Steves Portuguese Phrase Book and Dictionary (Rick Steves Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Rick Steves, 9781641711975, 280pp.
Publication Date: September 17, 2019
List Price: 9.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Olá! From ordering vinho verde in the Douro Valley to making new friends in Lisbon, it helps to speak some of the native tongue in Portugal. Rick Steves offers well-tested Portuguese words and phrases that come in handy in a variety of situations. Inside you'll find:
- Key phrases for use in everyday circumstances, complete with phonetic spelling
- An English-Portuguese and Portuguese-English dictionary
- Tips for small talk and local lingo with Rick's signature sense of humor
- A tear-out cheat sheet for continued language practice as you relax on the beach (no internet connection required!)
About the Author
Since 1973, Rick Steves has spent about four months a year exploring Europe. His mission: to empower Americans to have European trips that are fun, affordable, and culturally broadening. Rick produces a best-selling guidebook series, a public television series, and a public radio show, and organizes small-group tours that take over 30,000 travelers to Europe annually. He does all of this with the help of more than 100 well-traveled staff members at Rick Steves' Europe in Edmonds, WA (near Seattle). When not on the road, Rick is active in his church and with advocacy groups focused on economic and social justice, drug policy reform, and ending hunger. To recharge, Rick plays piano, relaxes at his family cabin in the Cascade Mountains, and spends time with his son Andy and daughter Jackie. Find out more about Rick at www.ricksteves.com and on Facebook.
Connect with Rick: