Social Security In 30 Minutes, Volume 1 (Paperback)
Retirement Benefits: Payroll contributions, early retirement, delayed benefits, benefits for family members,
I30 Media Corporation, 9781641880329, 104pp.
Publication Date: September 17, 2019
NEW Worried about Social Security retirement benefits for yourself or a family member? This quick guide can help you understand the basics of Social Security retirement insurance, including eligibility, application steps, benefit amounts, and much more. Topics include:
- How retirement benefits are calculated using work credits
- Taxes on benefits and cost of living adjustments
- Full retirement age (FRA), early retirement, and delayed retirement
- Benefits for family members and survivors
- Social Security for workers with government pensions
- Communicating with the Social Security Administration
- Social Security and Medicare
- Social Security scams
As a former full-time human services coordinator, author Emily Pogue helped thousands of clients navigate the Social Security system. In this guide, she uses plain English explanations and easy-to-grasp examples to help readers understand how the system works and how to maximize Social Security retirement benefits.
The award-winning IN 30 MINUTES series has helped readers all over the world grasp complex topics, from health to social media.