Soul of the Seasons (Paperback)
Creating Balance, Resilience, and Connection By Tapping the Wisdom of the Natural World
Gatekeeper Press, 9781642376272, 382pp.
Publication Date: June 18, 2019
In a world filled with conflict, controversy, and confusion, Soul of the Seasons brings us a timely message based on an ancient medicine that is urgently needed in our modern, fast-paced lives. Through centuries of observation the sages of Five Element theory, a form of Traditional Chinese Medicine, taught that the outer landscape of the natural world reveals much about the nature of our inner landscapes.
Encoded within the five seasons of Spring, Summer, Harvest, Fall and Winter, lies a wisdom designed to create and support balance and harmony. The five fundamental elements of Five Element theory resonate in our bodies as the core emotions of Anger, Joy, Sympathy, Grief, and Fear. Like the working components of a fine clock they comprise an elegant system of continuous movement, growth, and transformation.
Weaving her deeply personal stories with Five Element wisdom, Melody A Scout teaches us that by developing intimate relationships with our core emotions--the unique vibrations that connect us to both our bodies and the Earth--we can effectively adapt and respond to life's challenges. By developing a more intimate relationship with the seasons of life, we can learn to effectively: identify and correct our imbalances; develop greater compassion, integrity, and honesty; and to authentically and appropriately express our emotions in ways that support our highest good.
Soul of the Seasons offers the wisdom of a traditional model of health and harmony made current through practical and easily accessible language, soul-stirring exercises, and thoughtful questions.
Encoded within the seasons of the natural world is a wisdom that teaches that:
- Spring is the time to remember our visions, to set healthy boundaries, and make quality decisions.
- Summer brings us warmth and joy through community, communication, and connection.
- Harvest provides a sweet satisfaction for an abundant life and the capacity to nurture and be nurtured.
- Fall teaches us the importance of letting go and to value and respect what is most precious to us.
- Winter reminds us that contemplation, reflection, and rest are essential in the germination of new visions.