The Winning Family
Where No One Has to Lose
Our families can fill us with joy or bother us with constant, even unconscious, power struggles throughout our lives. This new, revised edition of The Winning Family shows a new generation of parents exactly how to strengthen children with positivity and empathy by building instead of tearing down, and responding instead of reacting. Step by step, this beloved book teaches crucial parenting techniques that break intergenerational blame/shame/enabling patterns and help children develop skills to become confident, capable adults with self-worth and healthy self-concepts.
Dr. Louise Hart and Kristen Caven, a mother-and-daughter writing team, have packed The Winning Family with the latest information, helpful tips, and insightful personal stories from four generations. They present powerful, practical tools in a simple and easy-to-use way. As you abandon unhealthy, ineffective coping mechanisms, you will build
- Deep inner confidence and a positive, realistic sense of self
- The ability to create healthy boundaries and structure
- Effective ways to instill self-discipline and internal motivation
- Skills for honest, kind communication to resolve and prevent conflict
- Positive attitudes that turn obstacles into opportunities for growth
- Emotional intelligence to better understand and process feelings, and
- The resilience to handle change and solve problems.
If you have young children, teenagers, adult children, special needs children, or even no children (and you want to gain insight into your own childhood), or if you are a teacher, a caregiver, or an adult who works with kids, this book is for you. In fact, this book helps anyone who's ever been in a family-because the same tools that build self-esteem in the first place can also be used to repair damaged self-esteem later on.
The Winning Family is a must-have guide for creating a safe, supportive, empowering family where everyone wins-and a better world begins.
Uplift Press, 9781647045470, 348pp.
Publication Date: August 31, 2022