The Pocket Guide to Exploring Your Future Career
Morgan James Publishing, 9781683504023, 96pp.
Publication Date: November 14, 2017
So you're a high school or college student who thinks you know what you want to do with the rest of your life. Or maybe you don't have the first clue about your future. In either case, Tamara S. Raymond's Careering: The Pocket Guide to Exploring Your Future Career, should be at the top of your reading list.
Tamara wrote Careering to help young adults avoid the traps she fell into as a result of struggling to figure out her career path after college. Today, this successful leadership development coach shares her hard-learned lessons to help you quickly identify your passions and strengths so you can find your way in the world of work. "I want you to avoid spending eight years in the wrong jobs like I did," she says.
Her concise and easy-to-read pocket guide helps you:
- evaluate your interests, skills, and passions
- identify jobs, internships, and volunteer positions that align with your personal gifts
- identify multiple career exploration avenues, from camps to summer jobs
- put together a resume and references, even if you've never had a "real" job
- learn how to network, apply for jobs, and develop interviewing skills
- learn how to pursue entrepreneurial opportunities
- learn how not to use social media if you want to land a job and do so much more
Young adulthood is the best time to explore, experience, and eliminate possible career paths. Careering will help you do all three--and get you on the path that is right for you