Graceful Exit (Paperback)
How to Advocate Effectively, Take Care of Yourself, and Be Present for the Death of a Loved One
Sounds True, 9781683640448, 200pp.
Publication Date: May 1, 2018
When we are thrust into the role of caregiver for a loved one who is in the process of dying, it's easy to get overwhelmed. Yet it's a situation millions of us face every year with virtually no sort of preparation or guidance. With Graceful Exit, Dr. Gustavo Ferrer offers an all-in-one resource for anyone tasked with managing the end-of-life care of a loved one.
Dr. Ferrer shares the essential steps we need to take in a way that can be tailored to our unique situation. Through checklists, plans, and step-by-step instructions reflecting his years of experience supporting patients and their families, Dr. Ferrer offers clear and compassionate guidance for the most difficult issues, including:
- What are your rights under Medicare and health insurance?
- When should you bring your family together?
- How can you be a caregiver without burning yourself out?
- What are the pros and cons of advanced medical treatment versus hospice at each end-of-life stage?
- Most importantly, how do we say goodbye in a way that brings healing, closure, and peace?
It's the last news we want to hear--that someone we love is dying. Yet it's an inevitable part of life. With Graceful Exit, Dr. Ferrer offers this much-needed guide through the medical, legal, financial, emotional, and spiritual dimensions of dying and death.