Hello, Watercolor! (Paperback)
Creative Techniques and Inspiring Projects for the Beginning Artist
Get Creative 6, 9781684620029, 144pp.
Publication Date: June 16, 2020
List Price: 19.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Instagram star Jeannie Dickson has created a modern and inviting introduction to watercolor painting that aspiring artists will turn to again and again on their creative journey. Hello, Watercolor offers a fresh approach to painting watercolors with concise and accessible information. Aspiring artists and journalers will immediately be able to apply the techniques they learn on these pages--including brush lettering--to more than 15 exciting step-by-step projects, from painting origami animals, sparkling glass shards, and beautiful alphabets to producing luscious florals and fanciful unicorns. Among the features that make this handbook both a valuable learning tool and source of inspiration:
- Projects include a list of techniques with cross-references
- Each project includes watercolors used with swatches so readers can make substitutions easily
- Popular color palettes and color "recipes" for foolproof mixing
- 12 monthly challenges with daily or weekly prompts to inspire painting all year long
- Templates to trace and paint for some projects
- Ideas to share work and connect with others (e.g., Instagram)
About the Author
Jeannie Dickson is a creative entrepreneur, freelance artist, and digital content creator. On her popular Instagram account @jeanniedicksondesigns--with 276,000 followers--she's become known for her modern watercolor techniques and unique lettering style. In February 2019, Silver Brush Limited, a manufacturer of high-quality artist's brushes, chose Jeannie as the Artist of the Month.