I'll Lend You My Daddy
A Deployment Book for Kids Ages 4-8
Other Editions of This Title:
A Deployment Book for Kids Age Level: 4 - 8 years Grade Level: Pre-K-3
A Read-Together 32-page, Fully Illustrated Picture Book
Reading Level: H-L Lexile Measure: 500L - 600L DRA: 14-20
A heartwarming story of love, courage, and comfort during deployment for military families with the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines.
In I'll Lend You My Daddy, young boys and girls find ways to manage their feelings about deployment (from goodbyes, to the first night, to missed birthdays) as they eagerly await their fathers' return. Through the support of family and friends, care packages, and calls, these children grow strong with the knowledge of what it means to serve, generating pride from within, that makes glorious reunions all the more sweet by book's end.
- Makes a wonderful book for discussion with military children who have difficulties sorting through their emotions such as sadness, fear, or separation anxiety
- Provides a source of connection for military children with deployed family members to the greater universe of families who go through a similar experience
- Reflects children from diverse families with touching illustrations from the talented Valerie Valdivia in a 32-page full-color picture book format
- An ideal gift for families with young children, preparing for deployment for the first time and during deployment
- A valuable tool for teachers and educators who encourage appreciation for our nation's armed forces and also for the children of those families who make sacrifices every day of the year, including birthdays, Independence Day, Veteran's Day, and Memorial Day, and other holidays of remembrance and appreciation
Written by Becky King, mother to a 7-year-old son named Benson when her husband was first deployed to Afghanistan. King hopes the book will give voice to the many children who experience what Benson experienced in a way that will resonate and help transform feelings of separation and sadness into feelings of love, courage, resilience, and pride.
Starts with Us, 9781733663014, 34pp.
Publication Date: November 11, 2019