Finding Shakespeare in America
A Guide to Festivals, Theaters, Gardens, Museums, and Other Places Across the United States Where You Can Connect with
Americans have embraced William Shakespeare for more than 250 years. Finding Shakespeare in America celebrates this long-standing love affair with the Bard by bringing together hundreds of Shakespeare-related attractions across the United States in a single guidebook that makes it easy to explore and celebrate Shakespeare's remarkable American legacy. You'll find:
- More than 200 festivals and theater companies devoted to the Bard
- More than 100 places to enjoy outdoor Shakespeare performances
- More than 40 Shakespeare and Elizabethan gardens
- Precious First Folios and other rare copies of the Bard's works
- Detailed replicas of Elizabethan theaters
- Buildings in America that actually stood in England during Shakespeare's lifetime
- Statues, stained glass, and other artwork featuring the Bard and his characters
- Resources to help educators and parents introduce young people to the Bard
- And much more
Finding Shakespeare in America is the perfect traveling companion and the perfect way to add more Shakespeare to your life, from the Atlantic to the Pacific and everywhere in between.
New Place Press, 9781734373202, 362pp.
Publication Date: February 4, 2020