Skills for Big Feelings
A Guide for Teaching Kids Relaxation, Regulation, and Coping Techniques
Other Editions of This Title:
Help children develop healthy coping skills with this 12-week social-emotional learning plan.
Are you an educator or mental health professional searching for a powerful program for helping kids regulate their emotions, manage their anxiety, and cope with their feelings? Then this book is for you
Inside this heartfelt, comprehensive guide, you'll join School Adjustment Counselor and Licensed Mental Health Counselor Casey O'Brien Martin as she reveals a powerful, practical framework to help children cope with their feelings and learn to thrive. Built on a selection of cognitive behavioral techniques, breathing exercises, and mindfulness, as well as engaging activities including stretching, gratitude, visualization, and positive self-talk, Skills for Big Feelings seeks to empower kids to embrace their emotional growth over the course of a comprehensive 12-week plan.
With over a dozen activities including accepting mistakes, identifying support systems, acknowledging triggers, and much more, this complete guide provides educators and professionals alike with a detailed, objective-based framework for promoting optimal social-emotional health.
- A Complete 12-Week Guide Designed For Teaching Relaxation, Regulation, and Coping Techniques To Children Ages 6-12
- Practical Tools and Advice For Clinicians and Educators, Including S.M.A.R.T. Treatment Plan and IEP Objectives, Family Handouts, Letters, and Surveys
- A Fun 28-Page Coloring Workbook To Promote Stretches, Breathing Techniques, and Relaxation Skills
- 16 Trauma-Informed Guided Relaxation Scripts For Helping Kids Destress
- Tips and Tricks To Help You Implement These Lessons In Individual, Small Group, and Whole Classroom Settings
- And a Wealth of Engaging Social-Emotional Activities Including Identifying and Accepting Feelings, Dealing With Unhelpful Thoughts, and More
Casey and her colleagues have personally seen this program deliver results for their students. Arming children with the tools and knowledge they need to learn coping mechanisms and manage anxiety is an essential part of their development into emotionally-healthy adults. Using the Feeling-Breath-Thought-Skill framework, Skills for Big Feelings equips kids with these vital techniques and shows them how to thrive.
Whole Child Counseling, 9781735517704, 184pp.
Publication Date: November 23, 2020