Lonely Planet Australia [With Map] (Paperback)
Lonely Planet, 9781742204239, 1109pp.
Publication Date: November 1, 2013
"Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher*"
Lonely Planet Australia is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Experience the magic of Sydney Opera House, snorkel with the tropical fish in the Great Barrier Reef, or watch the sunset over Ayers Rock; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Australia and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet Australia Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including culture, history, art, film, music, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, and wine
- Free, convenient pull-out Sydney map (included in print version), plus over 150 local maps
- Useful features - including What's New, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Walking Tours
- Coverage of Melbourne, Sydney, the Great Barrier Reef, Darwin, Uluru, Perth, Queensland, Adelaide, New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, Canberra, Brisbane, Newcastle, Hunter Valley, Phillip Island, Launceston, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Australia, our most comprehensive guide to Australia, is perfect for those planning to both explore the top sights and take the road less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Australia? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Australia, a photo-rich guide to the country's" "most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Sydney or Melbourne? Check out Lonely Planet's Sydney guide or Melbourne & Victoria guide for a comprehensive look at all that each of these cities has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Pocket Sydney, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Charles Rawlings-Way, Meg Worby, Brett Atkinson, Lindsay Brown, Jayne D'Arcy, Anthony Ham, Paul Harding, Shawn Low, Virginia Maxwell, Tom Spurling, and Steve Waters.
About Lonely Planet: Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
"TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category"
"'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times"
"'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia) "
*#1 in the world market share - source: Nielsen Bookscan. Australia, UK and USA. March 2012-January 2013.