Talking about Death Won't Kill You (Paperback)
The Essential Guide to End-Of-Life Conversations
ECW Press, 9781770414068, 216pp.
Publication Date: March 6, 2018
Other Editions of This Title:
Paperback, Large Print (3/22/2018)
- An accessibly written, inspiring guidebook for those who (a) are dying, (b) are close to those who are dying, and (c) are health practitioners.
- Covers immediate concerns (funeral arrangements, etc.), long-term planning around a terminal illness, sample conversations, workplace situations, and suggestions for how to talk to kids about death/dying.
- Different from other books on the subject, Talking About Death Won't Kill You takes a community engagement approach to dying and death by focusing on social groups, personal conversations, and informal caregiving, not concentrating solely on formal healthcare resources.
- Author is well connected, a cancer survivor, and an unconventional death educator and researcher.
- The book's title comes from the author's TEDx talk of the same name: https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMRZHtkqtq0
- For readers of Being Mortal, When Breath Becomes Air, and The Bright Hour.