The Blue Wonder
Why the Sea Glows, Fish Sing, and Other Astonishing Insights from the Ocean
Other Editions of This Title:
Digital Audiobook (6/7/2021)
An intimate account of the beauty, mystery, and amazing science of the ocean.
In The Blue Wonder, marine biologist and diver Frauke Bagusche brings readers on a fascinating and beautiful deep-sea dive into the ocean. Drawing on scientific discoveries and her own research, she uses photographs and playful prose to reveal:
- deep-sea reefs that glitter like glass
- fish that converse with each other by singing--loudly
- an octopus that imitates more than fifteen other animals
- the secret behind why the sea glows at night
- "weddings" that happen amongst the coral
- underwater "drugstores"
- and even fish that clean her own teeth
Humans know more about the moon's surface than we do about the ocean. There is so much to be discovered, under the sea. With the heart of a poet and the mind of a scientist, Frauke Bagusche re-awakens our love for the sea and ignites a desire to protect this vital habitat.
Greystone Books, 9781771646048, 304pp.
Publication Date: June 8, 2021