The Royal Family Operations Manual (Hardcover)
The History, Dominions, Protocol, Residences, Households, Pomp and Circumstance of the British Royals
Haynes Publishing UK, 9781785216657, 154pp.
Publication Date: July 7, 2020
The Royal Family Operations Manual, written by royal expert and correspondent Robert Jobson, offers a complete examination of a very British institution, looking behind the scenes at the current heirs of a kingdom that has been ruled nearly uninterruptedly by a monarch since 774AD. Chapters include explanations of the:
- Windsor bloodline, family tree and personalities
- Their royal residences, palaces and country retreats
- Military connections
- Charity work
- Annual engagements
- Royal finances, including facts and statistics on personal incomes, state salaries and business interests
- Births, marriages and deaths
- State ceremonies, such as the opening of parliament, the Christmas address, trooping the colours and the elaborate hosting of foreign dignitaries.
Lavishly illustrated with photographs of the people, places and events of the past 150 years, this book makes a fitting celebration of Queen Elizabeth II’s reign as she nears 70 years on the throne.
About the Author
Robert Jobson is a journalist, author and broadcaster who has reported on the Royal Family since 1991 as correspondent for UK national newspapers, US TV network ABC News and Australia’s breakfast show Sunrise. Robert has written several books on the British royals, including the best-selling Diana: Closely Guarded Secret, Guarding Diana and the recently well-received Charles at Seventy.