Power to the Princess
15 Favorite Fairytales Retold with Girl Power
What if princesses didn’t always marry Prince Charming and live happily ever after? In this stunning anthology—elegantly presented in a red, clothbound hard cover with gold-toned metallic debossing—15 favorite fairytales have been retold for a new generation. These princesses are smart, funny, and kind, and can do anything they set their minds to.
Focused on issues including self-image, confidence, LGBTQ, friendship, advocacy, and disability, these stories are perfect for sharing between parents and children, or for older princesses or princes to read by themselves. They teach that a princess is a person who seeks to help others, is open to learning new things, and looks for ways to add purpose to their lives and the lives of those around them.
Get reacquainted with these powerful princesses:
- Snow White—champion of real beauty
- Sleeping Beauty—specialist on sleeping disorders
- Thumbelina—music producer and advocate
- Rapunzel—world-famous architect
- Belle the Brave—undercover agent
- Elisabeth and the Wild Swans—fashion designer
- Cinderella—prime minster and businesswoman
- Star and the 12 Dancers—dancer
- The Goose Girl—stand-up comedian
- Princess Sevinah (and the Pea)—founder of the Fairyland Dating Service
- The Snow Queen—winter sports coach
- The Little Mermaid—advocate for peace between mer-people and humans
- Zade—storyteller (of 1001 tales) and businesswoman
- Evangeline (The Frog Princess)—natural historian
- Little Red Riding Hood—environmentalist and Princess of the Wolves
Praise For Power to the Princess: 15 Favorite Fairytales Retold with Girl Power…
Frances Lincoln Children's Books, 9781786032034, 96pp.
Publication Date: September 6, 2018
About the Author
Vita Murrow is an educator, an artist, a writer, and a mom. Vita has a quirky sense of humor and an eye for the weird. When she was in 8th grade she was rejected from a special writers’ retreat for kids. But that didn’t stop her from pursuing her passion. Since then, Vita has been a teacher, a producer, a film maker, a program director, and even a puppeteer. She currently works as a children’s author reinventing old stories for a new generation and crafting wordless pictures books together with her husband Ethan Murrow. Their book The Whale was nominated for a CILIP Carnegie and Kate Greenaway Medal. She is also the author of two volumes of fairytales retold for a new generation: Power to the Princess and High-Five to the Hero. Vita loves working with other artists and writers and is always looking to share a chocolate chip cookie with someone.
Julia Bereciartu (a.k.a. Juliabe) is a Spanish illustrator, born in 1980 in the northern city of San Sebastian. From an early age, she spent most of her time drawing, even if that meant using markers on her parents’ new couch. She also loved reading books and dreamed of painting the illustrations that accompanied them when she grew up. She now lives in Madrid with her partner and their ginger cat, and has fulfilled her childhood dream of becoming an illustrator. Julia works for clients such as American Girl, Google, Cartoon Network, and Simon & Schuster, and loves giving life to quirky, sassy characters and the occasional fluffy pet.