Frogeye Sprite (Hardcover)
The Complete Story
The Crowood Press UK, 9781847975508, 224pp.
Publication Date: December 1, 2013
List Price: 50.00*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Frogeye Sprite - The Complete Story is the only book to have been written exclusively about the iconic Mark 1 Austin Healey Sprite. The headlights in the bonnet and unusual radiator grill shape gave the car a cheeky grin, so it soon gained the name 'Frogeye'. The book covers the full story of the design, development and manufacture of the Mark 1 Austin Healey Sprite, including the considerable success of the car in racing and rallying.
Topics covered include:
- The car's racing success with drivers such as Stirling Moss, John Sprinzel, Paddy Hopkirk and Alec Poole.
- The special-bodied and custom grand touring versions such as the Sebring Sprite, Alexander GT and Lenham GT, plus the one-off Lumbertubs Sprite.
- Modern day Sprites - new-builds and restorations.
- Owners' experiences of living with and driving the Frogeye.
- Information about clubs and support for owners.
Foreword by Bic Healey.
About the Author
John Baggott has been an active motorsport competitor since 1977. John has written numerous magazine articles about classic cars and motorsport. His previous books include MGB – The Racing Story [Crowood 2002].
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase