Volkswagen T4 (Hardcover)
Transporter, Caravelle, Multivan, Camper and Eurovan
The Crowood Press UK, 9781847975546, 208pp.
Publication Date: January 1, 2014
Volkswagen enthusiast and author Richard Copping examines, for the first time, the complete story of the T4: from the Transporter concept originated forty years before its presence at VW's Hanover factory, through its development period and full production life. Topics covered include:
- the background story 1949-1990
- design concept to production in the 1980s
- full analysis of the T4's specifications
- face-lifted Caravelles and Multivans from 1996 onwards
- gas - and diesel-aspirated engines including the VR6, V6 and 2.5 litre TDI
- the T4 story in the USA - the Euro Van- and finally camping conversions.
About the Author
With the best part of thirty VW titles to his name, ranging from Beetle books to Buses and Golfs, Richard Copping is regarded as a leading author and marque expert on matters Volkswagen in Britain and beyond. His credentials are impeccable, having learned to drive using a VW Beetle, he has owned Volkswagens ever since. A Concours judge, an avid collector of VW literature, and particularly so the oldest and rarest brochures, Richard has a monthly column in Volkswagen Camper and Commercial magazine, as well as regularly contributing features about some of the best VWs to be seen out and about.