Information Visualization (Hardcover)
Beyond the Horizon
Springer, 9781852337896, 316pp.
Publication Date: October 28, 2004
Other Editions of This Title:
Information visualization is not only about creating graphical displays of complex and latent information structures; it contributes to a broader range of cognitive, social, and collaborative activities. This is the first book to examine information visualization from this perspective.
This 2nd edition continues the unique and ambitious quest for setting information visualization and virtual environments in a unifying framework. Information Visualization: Beyond the Horizon pays special attention to the advances made over the last 5 years and potentially fruitful directions to pursue. It is particularly updated to meet the need for practitioners. The book is a valuable source for researchers and graduate students. This new edition is forwarded by Ben Shneiderman, University of Maryland.
- Latest advances in information visualization.
- Applications of information visualization, including knowledge domain visualization, knowledge diffusion, and social networks.
- Detecting topics, emergent trends, and abrupt changes.
- Empirical findings concerning information visualization.
- Virtual environments and collaborative virtual environments.
Chaomei Chen is an Associate Professor in the College of Information Science and Technology at Drexel University, Philadelphia, USA. He is the author of Mapping Scientific Frontiers: The Quest for Knowledge Visualization (Springer, 2003).