Keystone Tombstones (Paperback)
Sunbury Press, Inc., 9781934597675, 198pp.
Publication Date: October 10, 2011
Joe Farrell and Joe Farley explore the cemeteries (and pubs) of Pennsylvania in search of interesting graves and stories about the interred.
Included in this volume:
- William Law Anderson "Golf's Forgotten Legend"
- James Buchanan "Pennsylvania's Only President"
- Pearl Buck "The Good Earth"
- John Burns "The Hero of Gettysburg"
- Simon Cameron "Pennsylvania's Political Kingmaker"
- James Crowley & Harry Stuhldreyer "Half the Horsemen"
- Congressman Dan Flood "Dapper Dan"
- Benjamin Franklin "The First American"
- John White Geary "An American Success Story Few Have Heard"
- Frank Gorshin "What Does It All Mean?"
- Zane Grey "Rider of the Purple Sage"
- Harry Norbert Kalas "That Ball's Outta Here "
- Mary Jo Kopechne "What If?"
- David L. Lawrence "Pittsburgh's Renaissance Man"
- Lincoln Colored Cemetery "Gone But Not Forgotten"
- Connie Mack "The Tall Tactician"
- Jayne Mansfield "The Blonde Bombshell"
- Vance Criswell McCormick "A Harrisburg Hero"
- George Meade "The Old Snapping Turtle"
- Thomas Mifflin "A Pennsylvania Patriot"
- The Molly Maguires, Black Jack Kehoe, and Franklin Gowen
- Gifford Pinchot "Pennsylvania's Forester"
- Bob Prince & Myron Cope "The Voices of Pittsburgh"
- General John Fulton Reynolds "A True American Hero"
- Frank Rizzo "The Cop That Would Be King"
- Jim Thorpe "The Greatest Athlete of the 20th Century"
- Bill Tilden "Big Bill"
- Ginne Wade "A Tragic Love Story"
- Andy Warhol "The Pope of Pop"
- Fred Waring "The Man Who Taught America How to Sing"
- ... and some very Unusual Tombstones
"Where else can you find Ginnie Wade next to Andy Warhol? Farrell and Farley make cemetery (and pub) crawling fun and interesting".... the Publisher